How To Be More Productive Than 99% Of People & How To Get Out Of A Rut如何比99%的人更有生产力以及如何摆脱困境

The best decisions I’ve made are the ones that people see as “stupid.”
我做过的最好的决定是那些人们认为“愚蠢”的决定。

In 2018: 

I wasted my life’s savings and maxed out my first credit card to try and make a business work.
我浪费了我一生的积蓄,刷爆了我的第一张信用卡,试图让生意运转起来。

In 2019: 

I got rid of everything I owned (except for a few bags of clothes and a laptop) and flew to a different country.
我扔掉了我拥有的一切(除了几袋衣服和一台笔记本电脑),飞往另一个国家。

I also quit my job even when my freelancing business could lose every client in an instant.
我也辞去了工作,即使我的自由职业者业务可能会在瞬间失去每一个客户。

In 2020: 

I signed a lease for an apartment that was 2x what I could afford.
我签了一个公寓的租约,是我能负担的两倍。

This forced me to make my business work.
这迫使我做我的生意。

From 2021 to present: 

I moved locations every six months.
我每六个月就换一次地方。

Each one being more expensive than the next, forcing my income to grow with it, because the only limits in the digital world are the one’s you believe.
每一个都比下一个更贵,迫使我的收入随之增长,因为数字世界中唯一的限制就是你所相信的那个。

My income went from $50,000, $100,000, and $200,000 per month year after year.
年复一年,我的收入从每月5万美元、10万美元到20万美元不等。

It would be hard to attribute this to any one piece of business advice or a book.
很难将此归因于任何一条商业建议或一本书。

I knew that my progress was the result of not allowing myself to get stuck in the black hole of stagnation and distraction.
我知道我的进步是不允许自己陷入停滞和分心的黑洞的结果。

I need to shock my system and hurl myself into the unknown.

我需要继续更新我的系统,把自己扔进未知的世界。

That’s where I thrive, but only if I have the skill to accept the challenge.
这就是我成功的地方,但前提是我有能力接受挑战。

Quality of life, idea generation, and dopamine are through the roof right now.

现在,生活质量、创意产生和多巴胺都达到了顶峰。

Everything is meaningful because I have so much responsibility that all information can be applied in a practical manner.

一切都很有意义,因为我有如此大的责任,所有的信息都可以以实际的方式应用。

If life feels meaningless, it’s because you aren’t training your responsibility muscle.
如果你觉得生活毫无意义,那是因为你没有训练自己的责任感。

You haven’t lifted the emotional weight to add more to the bar and see progress on a deeper level than muscle.

你还没有卸下情感上的重担来增加更多的标准,也没有看到比肌肉更深层次的进步。

Tactical Stress – The Secret Behind Abnormal Results战术压力-异常结果背后的秘密

Goldfish grow to fit the tank you put them in.
金鱼会随着你放入的鱼缸而生长。

But if you keep them in a small bowl, they never grow.
但是如果你把它们放在一个小碗里,它们就不会生长。

A similar phenomenon exists that is illustrated by Parkinson’s Law:
类似的现象也存在于帕金森定律中:

“Work expands so as to fill the time available for its completion.”

“工作只会不断扩展,以填补可用的完成时间。”

【This slang term first appeared in a humorous essay in The Economist in 1955. Parkinson said: "Within the time limit in which the work can be completed, the workload will keep increasing until all the available time is filled." Both the capitalists and the workers themselves have probably formed a tacit understanding - constantly using overtime to fight against fishing, and constantly using fishing to fight against overtime. Because of this, we must plan to break out of the cage.

 这个俚语最早出现在1955年《 经济学人 》中的幽默短文, 帕金森 说: 在工作能够完成的时限内,工作量会一直增加,直到所有可用时间都被填充为止 。无论是资本家还是工人自己都很可能形成了一种不约而同的默契——不断用加班对抗摸鱼,不断用摸鱼对抗加班。正因为如此,我们必须有规划地打破牢笼。】

What it call “Tactical Stress” is quite similar:
有一种称之为“战术压力”的情况与它非常相似:

Tactical stress is the conscious decision to force yourself into a do or die situation – knowing that you have the skill to make it work – and have no choice but to overcome your fears.
战术压力是一种有意识的决定,强迫自己进入一个开干或面对死亡的情况-知道你有能力使它工作-别无选择,只能克服你的恐惧。

The result is a season of intensity that propels you into the next level of your life.

结果是一个充满激情的季节,推动您进入人生的下一个阶段。

When you have an understanding of this concept, you add it as a tool to your mental toolbelt.
当你理解了这个概念,你就把它作为一个工具添加到了你的思维工具带上。

When you identify yourself as being stuck in a rut, you can use this as a tool to force you to dig yourself out.
当你认为自己陷入了困境,你可以把它作为一种工具,迫使你把自己挖出来。

The Philosophy & Psychology Of Tactical Stress战术压力的哲学与心理学

Every time I’ve used tactical stress to break out of a rut, what’s followed has always been a season of intense productivity.

每当我利用战术压力来打破常规时,接下来的总是一个高效的阶段。

I wouldn’t be doing anything else but working.
我除了工作什么都不做。

I will work long hours and enjoy every second of it.
我会长时间工作,享受每一秒。

What’s interesting is that these periods are also my most creative.
有趣的是,这些时期也是我最有创造力的时期。

Usually, productivity and creativity exist on polar ends of a spectrum.
通常,生产力和创造力存在于光谱的两极。

But there is the theme of going full circle, where polar ends collapse into one, usually indicating a heightened degree of the flow state.

但有一种方式是绕一圈,两极合二为一,通常表明流动状态的程度更高。

Going Full Circle 循环往复

Imagine a straight line with black on one end, white on the other, and a gradient to blend them together in the middle.
想象一条直线,一端是黑色,另一端是白色,中间有一个渐变将它们混合在一起。

This line can represent most things in life, because nothing is always black or white.
这条线可以代表生活中的大多数事情,因为没有什么东西总是黑的或白色的。

Everything exists on a spectrum. Everything is relative. Everything is a state of mind or consciousness.
一切都存在于光谱中。一切都是相对的。一切都是一种思想或意识的状态。

There are degrees of energy, productivity, creativity, intelligence, anger, sadness, happiness, calmness, stress, saltiness, sweetness, roughness, softness, brightness, and darkness.
能量、生产力、创造力、智力、愤怒、悲伤、快乐、平静、压力、咸度、甜蜜、粗糙、柔软、光明和黑暗都有不同的程度。

All of these blend together to create your human experience.
所有这些融合在一起,创造你的人类体验。

They aren’t limited to one but can be isolated with your awareness of them. You can pick apart your current state of mind and explore its depths.
它们并不局限于一个,而是可以通过你对它们的觉知而被隔离。你可以把你当前的思想状态拆开,探索它的深度。

Now, imagine the black-to-white gradient line from before.
现在,想象一下之前的黑色到白色渐变线。

But now connect the two ends so that it forms a circle.
但现在把两端连接起来,这样就形成了一个圆。

The black now flips immediately to white.
黑色现在立即翻转为白色。

This is a more accurate representation of life, or your state of mind, than a flat line with two dead ends.
这是一个更准确的代表生活,或你的精神状态,比一个平面线有两个死胡同。

This flip and color represents the phenomenon of going full circle.
这个翻转和颜色代表了一个完整的循环。

When someone is so dumb they become smart.
当一个人如此愚蠢时,他会变得聪明。

When someone is so unfunny they become funny.
当一个人如此不幽默时,他变得很幽默。

When someone is so tired they become energetic.
当一个人太累的时候,他会变得精力充沛。

Where the black and white ends touch is where tactical stress comes into play. Where you consciously push certain aspects of reality to their limit and watch it bounce back in your favor.
黑色和白色末端接触的地方是战术压力发挥作用的地方。在那里你有意识地把现实的某些方面推到极限,然后看着它朝着对你有利的方向反弹。

The Psychology Of Tactical Stress战术压力心理学

The purpose of tactical stress is to launch yourself into the unknown – the land of infinite potential.
战术压力的目的是把自己发射到未知的-无限潜力的土地。

You become overwhelmed with information.
你被信息淹没了。

It’s too much for your mind to metabolize.
太多了,你的大脑无法消化。

So, you’re forced to create clarity from the chaos.
所以,你被迫从混乱中创造清晰。

You set a goal that is borderline impossible, force yourself to achieve it, and transmute the stress to study and act your a** off until it becomes reality.
你设定了一个近乎不可能的目标,强迫自己去实现它,并把压力转化为学习和表现,直到它成为现实。

Doing this does a few things.
这样做有几件事。

First, it creates a frame of reference.
首先,它建立了一个参照系。
Your goal must stay top of mind when you launch into the unknown. Your goal is how you filter signal from noise. Your goal is how you spot opportunities in the chaotic mess of information flooding your mind.
当你进入未知领域时,你的目标必须放在首位。你的目标是如何从噪声中过滤信号。你的目标是如何在充斥你头脑的混乱信息中发现机会。

If you forced yourself to move across the country and become a digital nomad, you will notice that certain information is more useful for actualizing that goal.
如果你强迫自己搬到全国各地,成为一个数字游牧民,你会发现某些信息对实现这个目标更有用。

You will naturally notice certain social media posts, follow new accounts, and begin programming your mind to perform specific actions.
你会很自然地注意到某些社交媒体上的帖子,关注新账户,并开始编程你的大脑来执行特定的行动。

Second, it creates a deadline.
第二,它设定了一个最后期限。
Everyone knows that deadlines are powerful for increasing your productivity. But most deadlines aren’t real.
每个人都知道最后期限对于提高你的生产力是非常有效的。但大多数最后期限都不是真实的。

When you fly across the country or invest your life savings in coaching, the deadline is as real as it can get.
当你飞到全国各地或投资你的毕生积蓄在教练,最后期限是真实的,因为它可以得到。

You either make it work or let yourself fall apart because your survival is at stake.
你要么让它工作,要么让自己崩溃,因为你的生存岌岌可危。

Tactical stress puts you in a temporary state of survival mode.
战术压力会让你暂时处于生存状态。

It’s unhealthy, yes, but it’s temporary.
这是不健康的,是的,但这是暂时的。

Third, it narrows your focus.
第三,它缩小了你的焦点。
When your mind is narrowed on your goal, distractions can’t penetrate your frame.
当你的思维局限于你的目标时,干扰就无法穿透你的框架。

It’s all you can focus on.
你只能专注于这个。

You go to bed thinking about it.
你上床睡觉的时候会想着它。

Your mind won’t stop strategizing a plan to get you out of this situation.
你的头脑不会停止制定一个计划来让你摆脱这种情况。

And once you gain clarity on what you must do, through study and action, you use that laser focus to build whatever is necessary to actualize the goal.
一旦你通过学习和行动明确了你必须做什么,你就可以利用这种激光聚焦来构建实现目标所需的任何东西。

Removing Your Money Limits取消您的资金限制

It’s safe to say that at a certain point, you will have to start a business if you want to keep pushing further in life.
可以肯定地说,在某个时候,如果你想继续推动生活的进一步发展,你将不得不创业。

The only reason I was able to do this time and time again was because I had a business.
我之所以能够一次又一次地这样做,是因为我有一个生意。

A business gives you the creative boundaries to increase your income as much as you’d like. That isn’t possible at any job. I don’t care about the CEO who climbed the ranks over 40 years to make a huge salary when I can achieve that in 2-6 years of focused effort on building my own thing.
一个企业给你创造性的边界,以增加你的收入,因为你想。这在任何工作中都不可能。我不在乎那些在40多年的时间里爬上高位、挣到高薪的CEO,而我可以在2-6年的时间里专注于建立自己的公司。

Tactical stress was my method for forcing my business to grow.
战术压力是我迫使我的业务增长的方法。

When I moved across the country or invested my life’s savings, it created a need for more money.
当我搬到全国各地或投资我一生的积蓄时,它创造了对更多钱的需求。

If I didn’t have a business, I wouldn’t be able to increase my income that rapidly. It would take years to job hop my way to $100,000 extra dollars.
如果我没有生意,我的收入就不可能增长得那么快。我得花好几年时间跳槽才能多挣10万美元。

In business, all that takes me is a proper strategy, the right skill set, a compelling offer, and enough traffic to sell $100,000 worth of it. Yes, I’m aware that’s an oversimplification, but that doesn’t mean it’s wrong or not worth listening to.

在商业上,我所需要的只是正确的策略、正确的技能、令人信服的报价以及足够的流量来出售价值 10 万美元的产品。 是的,我知道这过于简单化了,但这并不意味着它是错误的或不值得听。

Build your own thing.
建立你自己的东西。

Strategies For Tactical Stress战术压力的策略

Throughout my life, here is what I’ve done that I would consider tactical stress.
在我的一生中,以下是我所做的,我会考虑战术压力。

These are not the only ways to do it, but they could be used as inspiration.
这些不是唯一的方法,但它们可以作为灵感。

A lot of you have creator businesses (or are at least trying to build one) and one of these could be the push you need.
你们中的很多人都有创造者企业(或者至少正在努力建立一个),其中一个可能是你需要的推动力。

1) Launching a product before building it. 在构建产品之前发布产品

Beginners think you need a product or service before you can start selling it.
初学者认为你需要一个产品或服务之前,你可以开始销售它。

This is the stupidest way to go about it.
这是最愚蠢的方法。

You don’t even know if the idea is validated yet.
你甚至不知道这个想法是否有效。

Instead, create the offer and landing page.
相反,创建报价和着陆页。

Set a launch date 3-4 weeks out. This is your deadline.
把发布日期定在3-4周后。这是你的最后期限。

Start promoting, hard. 开始宣传,努力。

This will obviously require you to have the knowledge and skills of how to build an audience and create a compelling product or service.
这显然需要你有知识和技能,如何建立一个观众和创造一个引人注目的产品或服务。

Once you have one buyer, the pressure is on.
一旦你有了一个买家,压力就来了。

You either create the MVP (minimum viable product) in record time or you fail and refund all of the money you made.
你要么在创纪录的时间内创造MVP(最小可行产品),要么失败并退还所有的钱。

2) Location hopping. 地点迁移

I didn’t do this on purpose, but I’ve found myself moving locations every 6 months over the past 2 years.
我不是故意这样做的,但我发现自己在过去的两年里每6个月就搬家一次。

Mostly because I felt like I’d exhausted everything from that location.
主要是因为我觉得我在那个地方已经用尽了一切。

I knew all of the restaurants. I knew all of the walking paths. I knew what additions I was able to make to my friend group.
我知道所有的餐馆。我知道所有的步行路径。我知道我能为我的朋友群做些什么。

There was no further room for discovery.
没有进一步的发现空间。

So, when things began getting monotonous, I moved.
所以,当事情开始变得单调时,我搬家了。

This also holds true for building a business vs working a job.
这也适用于建立一个企业与工作。

Entrepreneurship keeps you on your toes. If you become stagnant, that’s your fault. You have the choice to scale as high as you want to go and personal development will be forced to follow.
创业让你保持警觉。如果你停滞不前,那是你的错。你可以选择自己想往多高的地方发展,个人发展将被迫跟随。

When I moved, I always made an effort to increase the quality of environment I was in.
当我搬家时,我总是努力提高我所处环境的质量。

Better network. 更好的社交网络。
Better resources. 更好的资源。
Better walkability. 更好的步行空间。
Better access to food.更好地获得食物。

Of course, this comes at a cost. That’s where tactical stress comes in.
当然,这是有代价的。这就是战术压力的来源。

I would sign a lease at an apartment that felt like it was at the edge of my comfort zone.
我会在一个公寓里签租约,感觉它就在我舒适区的边缘。

Something I could afford, but would have to increase my income to relieve the stress that came with a higher payment.
我买得起的东西,但必须增加我的收入,以减轻压力,随之而来的更高的付款。

Survival is a potent short-term productivity tool.
生存是一种强有力的短期生产力工具。

3) Investing in education.投资于教育

I was a course hoarder.
我曾经是个知识付费囤积者。

I purchased at least 50 social media, web development, freelancing, and marketing courses throughout my journey.
在我的整个旅程中,我购买了至少50个社交媒体,网络开发,自由职业者和营销课程。

They helped build my knowledge but weren’t enough to kick me into action.
它们帮助我积累了知识,但还不足以让我付诸行动。

After seeing some success with freelance web design, I knew I wanted to go all in on social media.
在看到独立网页设计的一些成功之后,我知道我想在社交媒体上全力以赴。

I saw the potential in being able to infinitely build a readership over the course of my entire life.
我看到了在我一生中无限建立读者群的潜力。

I saw that building an audience with valuable writing (that they wanted to read) would allow me to build and sell anything I wanted to make a living – as long as the customer wanted it as well.
我看到,用有价值的作品(他们想读的)建立一个观众群,将使我能够构建和销售任何我想谋生的东西-只要客户也想要它。

What did I do?我做了什么?

I spent $3500 on a coaching program.我花了3500美元在一个教练项目上。

That did not feel good to my mental bank account.这对我的心理银行账户来说感觉不太好。

What happened? 发生什么事了?

I showed up to one coaching call.我参加了一次教练电话会议。

One. 一个.

But that was all I needed to show me that I already knew what I had to do.
但这就是我所需要的,告诉我我已经知道我必须做什么。

Write content, get it shared by making high online social status friends, and iterate on products or services until I strike gold.

开始写作,通过结交高社交地位的朋友来分享内容,并迭代产品或服务,直到我获得金牌。

The investment in the program forced me to start doing what I do now and never quit.
对这个项目的投资迫使我开始做我现在做的事情,永不放弃。

4) Material items. 物质条件

This one is touchy.
这个很敏感。

I’m not a super materialistic guy.
我不是一个超级物质主义者。

I’m literally writing this in my living room that only has a desk in it. No couch, no TV, nothing. Just a desk to write at.
我是在我的起居室里写这篇文章的,那里只有一张桌子,没有沙发,没有电视,什么都没有。只是一张写字的桌子。

But, material items have their perks.
但是,物质条件有其好处。

One is that they signal status.
一个是他们标志着地位。

Sure, you don’t want to play status games, but everyone judges a book by it’s cover.
当然,你不想玩地位游戏,但每个人都通过封面来判断一本书。

That car or watch or shirt could be the unconscious deciding factor that makes someone want to give you a million-dollar opportunity.
那辆车、手表或衬衫可能是让某人想给你给予一个百万美元机会的无意识决定因素。

The amount of business cards people give me as I’m walking to it are insane. The attention is a bit annoying but you can’t deny the bump in social status.

当我走向那里时,人们给我的名片数量多得令人发疯。 受到关注有点烦人,但你不能否认社会地位的提升。

Just don’t let materialism consume you.
别让物质主义吞噬你。

I’m ready to sell it or even just let it go at a moment’s notice if the situation calls for it.

我已经准备好出售它,或者如果能马上卖掉,我甚至可以立即放手。

5) Degeneracy. 退化

Another touchy one. 又一个敏感的。

There are obvious lines that you can cross with all of these.
有明显的界限,你可以跨越所有这些。

Tactical stress is not for the mindless.
战术压力不适合没头脑的人。

I also don’t like sugarcoating what I’ve done that’s helped my personal growth but is often demonized by the straight-edge Huberman cult.
我也不喜欢粉饰我所做的事情,这些事情有助于我的个人成长,但可能被有的人认为是疯狂的不健康的。

The pre-requisite to all of this is having a goal that is so potent (because you’ve invested enough energy in it already) that if you weren’t to achieve it – it would feel like an early death.

所有这一切的先决条件是:拥有一个非常有力的目标(因为你已经在其中投入了足够的精力),如果你不去实现它——那感觉就像好像英年早逝一样。

So, when you decide to go out, party, and have one too many drinks… you will feel the lack of progress you are making the next day.You will get mad at yourself.You will be stressed that you are falling behind.
所以,当你决定出去,聚会,喝太多的酒......你会觉得你第二天没有进步,会生自己的气,会因为自己落后而感到压力。

That brings us to our last point.
这就引出了我们的最后一点。

Emotional Transmutation – Turning Stress Into Fuel情绪转变——将压力转化为燃料

The only thing more painful than pursuing the highest version of yourself is not pursuing the highest version of yourself.

唯一比追求最好的自己更痛苦的,就是不追求更好的自己。

As you launch yourself into stressful situations, you will have to deal with the negative emotions that come with that state of mind.

当你让自己陷入紧张时,你将不得不处理伴随这种心态而来的负面情绪。

These are the moments where you build the mental strength to overcome difficult situations.

在这些时刻,你可以增强精神力量来克服困难。

The emotional burden will make or break you.

情感负担会成就你,也可能毁掉你。

If you can lift the weight and get stronger, you will be surprised how easy life becomes. Minor inconveniences that ruin most people will not phase you.

如果你能通过举重锻炼并变得更强壮,你会惊讶地发现生活变得多么轻松。 毁掉大多数人的小不便不会让你陷入困境。

Another thing, regret is a necessary part of life.
另一件事,后悔是生活中必不可少的一部分。

You can’t avoid it.
你无法避免。

Most people dwell on their regrets as if they can change them.
大多数人都沉浸在他们的遗憾中,好像他们可以改变它们。

You have two options: view them as ugly stains that make life worse, or view them as cracks that can be sealed with better future decisions.

你有两个选择:将它们视为使生活变得更糟的污点,或者将它们视为可以通过未来更好的决定来补上的裂缝。

There is one pattern I’ve noticed in people looking to improve their life.
我注意到人们寻求改善生活的一个模式。

The pain of where you are must outweigh the pain of what other people think.
你所处的痛苦必须超过别人的看法。

People will think you are stupid for making “stupid” decisions.
人们会认为你做了“愚蠢”的决定是愚蠢的。

People will talk about you when you are making big changes.
当你做出重大改变时,人们会谈论你。

Most of the time, they just want to entertain themselves.
大多数时候,他们只是想自娱自乐。

They don’t understand the information behind your decisions.
他们不了解你的决定背后的信息。

You will learn to ignore them with time.
随着时间的推移,你会学会忽视它们。

What’s the other option?
还有别的选择吗?

Let your dreams die on the shelf because people say something you don’t like?
就因为别人说了你不喜欢的话你就把梦想束之高阁?

That’s a great way to end up like everyone else.
这是一个伟大的方式结束像其他人一样。

from Dan Koe